Author Topic: WANTED: Space to hold a long-form/scenic improv workshop  (Read 2338 times)

alisewski

WANTED: Space to hold a long-form/scenic improv workshop
« on: October 15, 2011, 10:39:48 AM »
Hi Everyone,
I am working on putting together a workshop in the near future to offer San Diego actors and improvisers the opportunity to explore and practice "scenic improv".
My long-form training is from Second City and IO West.  I would like to offer the first workshop at a very low cost so that I get as many people as possible to the workshop. I would like to reach out to the acting community, especially Meisner fans, and invite them particularly to come try out some improv with me for a couple of hours.  I am more interested in advancing long-form improv in San Diego and discovering more improvisers (or actors that have yet to discover improv) than making any money. 
The focus of the workshop would be:
  • Love & Trust the ensemble and the process
  • Exploring and heightening relationships in scenes (playing truthfully in imaginary circumstance!)
  • basic improv guidelines for all levels of experience

If participants express an interest in further workshops or practice sessions I hope to be able to offer that.

I am checking in to space availability at Actor's Alliance but that space is often booked up.

If you have a good space or theatre that could work for 10-15 people please contact me.  I am also interested in possibly working with a theatre group that would "sponsor" the workshop (hold it at their space, help advertise, and their company members would participate for free).

Thanks!

I hope to hold the initial workshop some time in the next 3-4 weeks. (First week of November?)

Please contact me!
Amy
alisewski@gmail.com