Author Topic: Scenic Craftsperson I  (Read 132 times)

SeaWorld San Diego

• SeaWorld San Diego Auditions
Scenic Craftsperson I
« on: May 23, 2017, 12:36:00 PM »
Scenic Craftsperson I

Please apply online at SEAWORLDJOBS.COM

Pay Rate: $17.56/hour

Basic Job Functions & Principle Duties
• Fabricates and maintains Scenic aspects of park shows, attractions, and special events.
• May assist in coordinating the fabrication and installation of year round show sets, attractions, and props as assigned.
• May assist in coordinating the maintenance of year round show sets, attractions, and props as assigned.
• May assist with scenic painting.
• Operates hand tools and power tools (including worm drive saw, router, fiberglass chopper gun, table saws, and band saws) as approved.
• Demonstrates proficiency in reading blueprints and sketches.
• Demonstrates proficient ability to perform fiberglass and mold making functions.
• Procures materials for fabrication of sets and props as assigned.
• Assists in the design of sets and props as assigned.
• Maintains cleanliness of all assigned work areas.
• Maintains safe work environment and safety requirements.
• Assists in other work areas and departments as assigned.

Required Skills/Knowledge, Training and Education
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must have 2-4 years related experience in carpentry and/or scenic painting and construction or training.
• Must have working knowledge of computer-based resources (such as Microsoft Office Suite).
• Must have and maintain a valid California driver's license; out of state residents, active military, their dependents and visiting students, must have a valid driver’s license from their state of residency and provide a copy of the DMV report. Must meet requirements to drive SeaWorld vehicles.
• Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be able to stand, walk and/or sit for prolonged periods of time.
• Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50lbs.
• Must be able to work indoors and in outdoor weather conditions (i.e. humidity conditions, direct sunlight).
• Must be able to successfully complete company hazardous material training.
• Must be able to operate a company vehicle to pick up and deliver materials and personnel.
• Experience with Scenic Painting preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree in carpentry or set construction from a four year college or trade school preferred.

Hours & Availability
• Varies.
• Must have 4 days of unrestricted availability, including occasional weekends.

Resume Required